Dephy is looking for a candidate who was born to be an engineer: someone that has an urge to understand how things work, someone that gets excited when there is no known solution to the problem at hand. We are curious, creative and passionate engineers looking for a team member to help us tackle problems at the forefront of wearable robotics. Come help us transition mobility exoskeletons from labs and treadmills to the real world: cities, trails and mountains. If you are interested in joining Dephy, please apply here.
[ Software Engineer - Performance Exoskeletons ]
The candidate’s main responsibility will be embedded & application software development. Our software is designed to run on microcontrollers, embedded computers and laptops. Real-time performance is critical for our application, and so is reliability and predictability. The candidate will setup tools and procedures for building, testing and releasing software, improve our Qt C++ GUI (sensor visualization, data logging, controller tuning, etc.), expend and optimize our distributed communication and control stack, and develop new features as our needs and client base grow.
- Strong knowledge of C and C++
- Experience with all stages of the software development life cycle
- Experience with graphical user interface (GUI) programming
- Real-time software development experience
- Prototyping skills, testing, and debugging software on hardware
- Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Minimum education: bachelor's degree in engineering or science
- Experience with Python and Matlab/Octave
- Embedded programming on microcontrollers (PSoC 4/5 and STM32Fx or equivalent, C)
- Experience with radio communications: Bluetooth, WiFi, 802.15.4 or others
- Experience with sensor data acquisition, filtering, data logging and visualization
- Willingness to work in a small multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with robots, exoskeletons, active prostheses or other electromechanical systems
- As the only true software person in our team, you will have to constantly tell us the correct git command, deal with panic-inducing merge issues, and fix the code every time "we changed nothing and now it doesn't work."
- Candidates need to be authorized to work in the U.S. Dephy does not sponsor H-1B visas.
- Salary and equity will be determined based on qualifications
[ Job Description PDF ]